11.26.2011

The Absolutely Fascinating Armoire

Oh, my goodness! There is this huge, white, wooden cabinet in My Mom's living room that, I'm sure, holds all sorts of Absolutely Fascinating Things! Like maybe fish! Or catnip mice! Or real mice! But My Mom is so mean rotten unfair strict and won't let me look inside. In fact, she is sooooo mean rotten unfair strict that she doesn't even let me into the living room at all unless she is in there. (She says this has to do with "repeat encounters" between her favorite chair and my "velociraptor claws." Whatever!!! It feels sooooo good to scratch that chair I have no idea what she is talking about! And anyhow, any rips in the furniture are all intentional The Fat Black Cat’s fault—because I scratch the heck out of that particular chair very, very gently.) ... Anyhow, there was this one time that My Mom and The Pretty Girl With The Tinydog were talking in Serious Voices about Boys Important Things, and I decided that I just had to, at that very moment, get into the Fascinating Armoire. So I tried slipping my paws under the doors to pull them open. No luck. So I crawled under the Fascinating Armoire to try to get into it from below. No luck. So I walked all the way around it, to see if there were any Minnow-sized holes through which I could enter. No luck. So I leapt up on top of the Fascinating Armoire and tried to get in from above. No luck! Then I jumped back down and took a good, long, studious look at it. Because it's a very old cabinet, there's a hole next to one of the door hinges—and I realized it was a Minnow-arm-sized hole! So I stuck my arm in it, and I'm certain I felt Fascinating Things! I’m certain I could have snagged something to destroy very respectfully opened the door, but by this time My Mom and The Pretty Girl With The Tinydog had stopped talking in Serious Voices about Boys Important Things, and were laughing at me. Whatever!!! I wasn't trying to amuse them! I was trying to get into the Fascinating Armoire! … So that's the story of my life behind This Blog. Stay tuned for updates as I chronicle my continuing quest to get into the Fascinating Armoire and also ruin that chair. And I'll maybe sometimes write about other Exciting Events. Like right now, I am at The Big Cat's house! And so is The Fat Black Cat! And, oh, my goodness, The Big Cat has the most delicious food! He is so lucky! Maybe someday, if I keep eating his food, I'll be a Big Cat, too!

Bises,

 The Tinycat

No comments:

Post a Comment